Although we could not match 2022’s record-breaking totals, we had another very successful year, and continue to be thrilled by the many achievements and the valuable assistance we were able to bring to our clients in 2023. Over the span of a year, we were able to have one Federal removal rescinded at the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), one Federal removal rescinded at the EEOC, one EEOC decision vacated and remanded by the Office of Federal Operations (OFO), a client’s Top Secret Security Clearance restored, one successful reverse race discrimination case settled at the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, and another successful disability discrimination case settled at the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia; in addition to settling numerous Federal and Private Sector EEOC complaints to our client’s satisfaction.
Here’s a breakdown of what we were able to achieve in 2023:
- P&A settled 22 EEOC cases, where we negotiated over $545,000 in compensatory damages, restoration of Leave, and attorney’s fees for our clients.
- P&A settled a reverse discrimination case at the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia for $123,500 and a Promotion for our client.
- P&A settled a disability discrimination case at the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia for $115,000 and a clean employment record for our client.
- P&A was able to get two Federal Agencies to rescind the removal of our clients.
- P&A was able to get the OFO to overturn and remand a EEOC complaint dismissal.
- A client’s Top Secret Security Clearance Restored
- Managing Partner, A. Marques Pitre, was selected as a “NBL - TOP 100 LAWYER IN WASHINGTON, DC” by The National Black Lawyers, and was once again acknowledged as a 2024 Lawyer of Distinction©.