We are extremely proud of the many accomplishments and the valuable assistance we were able to bring to our clients in 2021. Over the span of a year, we were able to finally bring justice to a EEO complaint that was filed in 2016, thwart several attempts by Federal Agencies to unjustifiable remove and/or subject our clients to disciplinary actions, and we were able to settle numerous EEO complaints to our client’s satisfaction.
Here’s a breakdown of what we were able to achieve in 2021:
- P&A settled 14 cases, where we negotiated over $410,000 in compensatory damages and attorney’s fees for our clients.
- P&A was able to get Federal Agencies to rescind 3 proposed adverse actions, including 2 proposed removals.
- P&A was victorious during a 5-day hearing against the Department of Veterans Affairs, proving that the Agency discriminated and retaliated against our client, and thus, awarded $236,171.51 in attorneys’ fees and costs, $137,000 in compensatory damages, and $50,385.26 in back-pay, resulting in a $423,556.77 total award.
- P&A successfully argued before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit that a Merit Systems Protection Board decision, denying our client corrective action in her claims filed under the Whistleblower Protection Act, was unsupported by substantial evidence, and thus, should be vacated and remanded further deliberation. This was the second MSPB decision P&A got overturned on appeal at the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- P&A appealed an improper dismissal of client’s EEO complaint by the US Postal Service and received a decision in its favor from the EEOC’s Office of Federal Operations, which reinstated our client’s case for further processing.
- Managing Partner, A. Marques Pitre, was acknowledged as a 2021 Lawyer of Distinction©.